Thursday 13 December 2018

Elliptical halos 12-12-18

Early in the day before leaving for work saw some AC clouds moving over our area and whenever I see AC clouds or altocumulus clouds first thing that comes in mind well you guessed it elliptical halos. While driving down a back country road I slow down and park the car and right there I saw an elliptical glow manifest its self and I watched two halos form both red on inside and blue on the outside. There was no telephone pole for me to use to block the sun. I know if I used the macro lens and try to cover the sun with my hand it would be blurry so I used the wide angle.

This is my second elliptical halo observation for the 2018 halo season and this is a good way to wrap it up. 





2 comments:

  1. You're fast becoming the King of the Ellipticals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy! When I see AC clouds I always anticipate the E-halos

      Delete